Ms Jasna Pavicic-Astalos
Graduated from the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb in 2000. She trained Ophthalmic surgery at the University Clinical Hospital „Sestre milosrdnice“, Zagreb, Croatia and had ESCRS and EGS fellowship trainings in Ophthalmic surgery at the Eye Clinic University Medical Center Ljubljana, Slovenia, and San Carlos Clinical Hospital in Madrid. Glaucoma subspecialty Registration in 2017. Teaching experience as a trainer/instructor in phacoemulsification.
Specialist Registration in Medical Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Surgery in January 2009. Upon completion of her Ophthalmology training Dr.Pavicic- Astalos became a consultant in „dr.T Bardek“ General Hospital, Croatia, where she practised for 9 years.
Postgraduate PhD Study in Biomedicine and Health Sciences at University of Zagreb Medical School; Doctorate in medicine for clinical research in 2016, thesis in Biometry in silicone oil filled eyes.
Member Of The Croatian Ophthalmological Association, European Society for Cataract And Refractive Surgery and Irish Colledge of Ophthalmologists.
Advanced glaucoma imaging, glaucoma treatment and surgery, minimally invasive glaucoma surgery, micro-incision cataract surgery, laser eye surgery, cataract surgery with premium and advanced intraocular lenses, combine glaucoma and cataract surgery
Below are publications by Ms Jasna Pavicic-Astalos. Click on a link to view or download a publication.
- Pavicic-Astalos J, Astalos J, Koluder A, Knezevic L, Zoric Geber M, Novak Laus K, Csik T, Knezevic T, Milosevic M.Prevalence of pseudoexfoliation syndrome and pseudoexfoliation glaucoma in population of north-western croatia aged 40 and over.
Acta Clin Croat 2016; 55:483-489 doi: 10.20471/acc.2016.55.03.19.
2. Pavicic-Astalos J,Vatavuk Z, Bencic G, Andrijevic-Derk B, Kuna K. Sudden Bilateral Choroidal Detachment in a Patient with Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome. Maced J Med Sci 2014; http://dx.doi.org/10.3889/MJMS.1857-5773.2014.0411
- Pavicic-Astalos J, Lacmanović-Lončar V, Petric-Vicković I, Šarić D, Mandić Z, Csik T, Sušić N. Eye drops preservative as the cause of corneal band keratopathy in long-term pilocarpine hydrochloride treatment. Acta Clin Croat 2012;51(1):107-111.
4. Pavicic-Astalos J, Ivekovic R, Knezevic T, Krolo I, Novak-Laus K, Tedeschi-Reiner E, Rotim K, Mandic K, Susic N.Intralesional triamcinolone acetonide injection for chalazion.Acta Clin Croat 2010;49(1):43-8
5. Vatavuk Z, Skunca Herman J, Bencic G, Andrijevic Derk B, Lacmanovic Loncar V, Petric Vickovic I, Bucan K, Mandic K,Mandic A, Skegro I, Pavicic Astalos J, Merc I, Martinovic M, Kralj P, Knezevic T, Barac-Juretic K, Zgaga L.Common variant inmyocilin gene is associated with high myopia in isolated
population of Korcula Island, Croatia. Croat Med J 2009;50(1):17-22
6. Knezevic T, Ivekovic R, Pavicic-Astalos J, Novak Laus K, Mandic Z, Matejcic A. Botulinum toxin A injection for primary and recurrent chalazia. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 2009;247(6):789-84.
7. Pavicic-Astalos J, Knezevic T, Ivekovic R, Tedeschi-Reiner E,Gregurić T,Bojanić G, Hat J, Mandic Z. Carotid cavernous fistulas in postmenopausal women. Acta Clin Croat 2008; 47(1):53-57
8. Csik T, Simek T, Pavicic-Astalos J, Merc I, Slugan I,Jambrek B.Retinopathy of prematurity as a cause of blindness in Croatia. Acta Clin Croat 2008;47(1):11-14
9. Causes of blindness in 25 of the blind population in Croatia and the possibility of the prevention. Csik T, Slugan I, Jambrek B, Pavicic-Astalos J. Acta Med Croatica 2006
10. Multifocal intraocular "mix and match" lenses. Lacmanović-Loncar V, Pavičić-
Astalos J, Petric-Vicković I, Mandić Z. Acta Clin Croat. 2008 Dec;47(4):217-20.