UPMC Whitfield is located in South–East Ireland and is part of a $19 billion world-renowned Academic healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC. The largest non-governmental employer in Pennsylvania USA, UPMC integrates 85,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 600 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a 3.4 millionmember Insurance Services Division. UPMC International provides hands-on health care and management services with partners around the world.
UPMC Whitfield, Waterford, has the following immediate vacancy: Head of Operations.
Reporting to the Managing Director, and acting as a key member of the Executive team, you will provide operational leadership to ensure the highest possible quality of care across the UPMC Whitfield campus. Other responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute the short, medium and long-term strategic and operational plans;
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with all major internal and external stakeholders;
- Report to the Board on all key operational metrics in the pursuit of established policies and objectives;
- Enhance and nurture the culture that promotes UPMC Whitfield’s vision, healthcare excellence and patient focus;
- Manage day-to-day operations for UPMC Whitfield;
- To work closely with the Director of Quality and Patient Safety to ensure an exceptional patient experience across the UPMC Whitfield campus;
- Develop a revenue optimisation process including ongoing review and negotiation of NTPF relationships;
- Consult with the Director of Nursing to ensure the optimum mix of Nursing and HCA staff;
- Lead facilities management in consultation with the Managing Director;
- Ensure the development of relevant health and safety practices for the UPMC Whitfield and oversee compliance with these practices;
- Ensure effective and robust emergency planning activities including risk assessment and development of plans to support these;
- Represent UPMC Whitfield’s organisation at third party forums.
The following attributes are desirable:
- At least 5 years experience in senior management;
- Experience in a healthcare setting desirable (while not essential);
- A proven track record in initiating and leading organisational transformation and change programmes;
- Proven ability to lead strategic planning and operational procedures;
- Ability to lead and provide business leadership while delivering change projects.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 29th March 2019. For formal and informal enquiries in the strictest confidence, please contact Shay Dalton on the details below:
Shay Dalton, Lincoln Executive Search,
5 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2
+ 353 1 661 0444 / firstname.lastname@example.org