Post: Project Manager UPMC Ireland
Reports To: Under the general supervision of the Vice President, Construction and Facilities Management, UPMC International
Contract Type: Full-Time Permanent Role Based In UPMC Whitfield, Waterford ( Travel throughout Ireland along with international may be required)
Responsibilities of the Post
- Regular assessment of future workloads allowing accurate and timely resource recommendations.
- The day-to-day management of architectural, engineering and construction professionals with a proven track record of successful team building.
- Project risk analysis and management.
- The appointment of vendors, consultants and contractors
- Planning and managing design and construction projects in an occupied facility, preferably a hospital.
- Variation order management and claims analysis.
- Quality control
- The use of scheduling software to track the progress of design and construction projects.
- Good knowledge of computer tools
- Ability to maintain the budget and schedule for all projects assigned
- Completion of all necessary/required paperwork essential for all phases of projects in compliance with UPMC’s established policies and procedures.
- Liaison with architects/engineers as required through the design and construction process.
- Ensure satisfactory completion of every project assigned including the completion of punch lists, phone and data installation, furniture and equipment placement and move-in.
- Monitor and ensures compliance with all infection control requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate all Department of Health inspections and certifications.
- University degree in Architecture or Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the management of design, renovation and construction projects in Ireland.
- Documented 5 years of experience in the planning, construction and commissioning of capital expenditure projects and knowledge of current Irish regulations on designing and constructing facilities in a clinical setting.
Desirable Qualifications & experience
- Master’s degree
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems coordination experience.
- Experience in the selection and installation of significant clinical equipment
- Previous experience working independently, or with a formal engineering team, on large projects, greater than €2 million, in health care
- Experience in the design and construction of research facilities.
- Experience as a contractor
- Registration for Architecture or Engineering preferred
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility and deliverables at the time of its writing. As the role and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the organisation