UPMC Whitfield is located in South –East Ireland and is part of a $19 billion world-renowned academic health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC. The organisation integrates 85,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 600 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a 3.4 million-member Insurance Services Division. UPMC International provides hands-on health care and management services with partners around the world.
UPMC Whitfield is now seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following role:
The successful candidate will be an experienced finance professional and will be required to take over the day-to-day management of the Revenue function. Managing an experienced team of 8 the candidate will manage all day-to-day operations of this key role:
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of the Revenue Cycle across the business at UPMC Whitfield campus Waterford and our new campus in Cork.
- Management of theatre scheduling, insurance verification and billing to clients to maximise Revenue and reducing Bad Debts.
- Management of the Aged Debt portfolio constantly target setting for improvements to include managing non-insured clients invoicing and payments placing an emphasis on cash collection and reducing bad debts.
- Working with credit controller on reducing aged debt and debtor days, identifying trends and actioning issues.
- Management and development of the AR Team ensuring that all roles and functions are developed maximising efficiencies.
- Liaising with key stakeholders including the Private Health Insurance companies, Consultants and other departments within the business
- Management of our reimbursement models with the Insurers working closely with the wider UPMC team developing models to maximise Revenue.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports including aged debt reports & preparing of financial information exported from our patient management system to our financial system.
- Preparation of Revenue budgets and forecasts
- Working closely with multi-disciplinary teams within the hospital on various ad-hoc projects
- Reviewing systems and processes and working with senior staff in the design and implementation of a new billing system.
- Efficiently maintaining the Revenue team insuring that all claims are submitted to insurers within agreed time-lines.
- Ability to organise tasks and staff efficiently working towards continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a degree in finance and be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACMA / ACCA).
- Have a minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a busy finance role.
- Have knowledge of / experience of the private health insurance market in Ireland.
- Expert level knowledge of data analysis using advanced Excel functions.
Please send letter of application along with an up to date CV to Natalie Moore HR Co-Ordinator, UPMC Whitfield, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 12th April 2019.