Practice Liaison Manager
UPMC Whitfield a 70-bed hospital on the outskirts of Waterford City that serves the south-east region has an immediate vacancy for the above full-time permanent role.
The primary role of the Practice Liaison Manager will be the set up and day to day managing of a busy urology service as well as acting as a liaison in the clinical community to generate patients for that practice.
Based in UPMC Whitfield, the position requires the candidate to build a patient base by developing and maintaining a rapport with local GP’s and potential referrers. The management of two consultants’ practices is also required.
The candidate will be part of the UPMC Whitfield team that supports our consultants
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Marketing in the form of outreach visits to GP’s and potential referrers and continued communication with same.
- Process new referrals, organise and schedule outpatient clinics and theatre dates.
- Ensure patient records are current and accurate.
- Communicate with patients regarding enquiries and concerns.
- Provide an excellent patient experience from referral to discharge and beyond.
- Managing inventory of equipment and clinical supplies that are required in the outpatient setting.
- Involvement in the development of education materials to patients and liaise with relevant hospital departments to ensure all materials are kept up to date and within brand.
- Become familiar with the medical coding and medical billing systems as well as keeping track of payments and health insurance forms as required.
Education and Experience
- Third level degree or equivalant in a related field is a requirement for this role
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative processes and principles is essential
- Knowledge of medical issues, coding and medical terminology would be a distinct advantage
- Computer skills including knowledge of relevant software including DGL, isoft and Excel desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning and organising attributes
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Willingness to show flexibility and adaptability
- Be capable to work individually and as part of a team
- Display strong initiative skills and be confident in decision making
- High level customer service orientation
- Be fast thinking and able to problem solve
- Sound judgment
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Hold a full driver’s license and be willing to travel
Please send a letter of application along with an up to date CV to the HR Manager, UPMC Whitfield, Cork Road Waterford or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Wednesday 5th September 2018.
UPMC Whitfield is an equal opportunities employer